Powered By Blogger

02 February 2010

Finally

I wish I had more to write this morning, but I don't. On this rare opportunity that I have to sit and write uninterrupted by my own children, I find that I provide my own mental distraction. And there's nothing I can think of to write that doesn't merit the delete button. Including all that I've written so far.

So instead I finally took down the Christmas tree on my sidebar and changed the blog colors. At least its something. I'd like to take on a whole new look, but that will be my reward for actually writing consistently for a while. (And in case you're wondering, no, I did not just remove the Christmas tree in my home. It's been down for quite some time now.)

This morning I found a new favorite website that I hope to visit often in order to get myself more in the right mindset for writing. It's called Encouraging Words for Writers. I'm thinking about attending a conference this fall where Bonita Lillie will be speaking. Again, it might be a good reward for actually writing consistently for a while, and I already have some money put aside for it, which makes me more excited.

But it's going to take more than just re-arranging the virtual frosting. It's going to require that I wake up earlier, read more, and write more. But that's what I think I want to do. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Staying tuned! Can't wait to hear about your forward progress as it develops.

    ReplyDelete