Powered By Blogger

08 September 2008

News Flash

We interrupt our regular infrequent blog postings for this important message:





Okay, for those of you who don't recognize the person in the above photo, it's probably because he has a huge hole in his head, and he looks much older than he actually is. Here's another photo with better lighting and less flash:



So, if you need me to explain more closely, I will, but I will warn you that the next photo is a close up, and if you have a weak stomach for these kinds of things, consider yourself forewarned.

Last night Julien was complaining of a runny nose and his throat sounded scratchy. Since all his other siblings were at various stages of fighting the same common cold, I offered to spray some throat spray in his mouth to help soothe the pain to help him get to sleep. I was shocked when I looked into that mouth of his, and my eye caught a glimpse of two new teeth coming in behind his baby teeth! After my double-take, I insisted on checking for wiggly-ness, confirming the reality that at least two or three of his bottom teeth are loose (which is good, considering that the two new teeth take up as much space as four of the baby ones). So I sent him off to bed, and, of course, he then really had a hard time falling asleep, knowing that he was about to lose his first tooth. By this morning, it was obvious that he had spent a good portion of the night wiggling that tooth, and I was hopeful that the tooth would fall out sometime during school hours, since this stuff grosses me out a little bit. But, alas, the tooth was still intact when he got home. Thankfully, Enoch came home and was quite eager to help liberate the tooth, which he did with a tissue, even though he really wanted to use his pliers.



Now we need to figure out the Tooth Fairy thing. Since Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are not sold here, it would make sense that our home would be a no-fly zone for the Tooth Fairy. But we need to celebrate it in some way. Perhaps we'll start a savings account to pay for future orthodontic needs!

1 comment:

  1. Saaay, Toothless! Better pull that other one out too!
    Yeah, I can't go there either...must be we got that phobia from Mom tying us to the doorknobs when we were little or promising she wouldn't yank our arm when it was tied to our finger--ugh! Good luck, you kids!

    ReplyDelete