Powered By Blogger

07 March 2008

Catching Up On Life

Well there's a lot to catch up on, I know. The night of my last post was the beginning of a horrible 24 hours of being unable to keep down any food or water. I'll spare the technicolor details; thankfully the upchucking only lasted the 24 hours, but the recovery...well, that's part of the problem. I've had a harder time coming out of the "sick mode" and getting back into the swing of things. Thankfully, the Lord has blessed me with a husband who willingly picks up a lot of slack for me; he cooks, he cleans, he shops, he even gets the kids to help, and does it in half the time. He's Super Hubby!

More or less, it's time to finally come up with those long-overdue New Year's resolutions to get my life in order, and find my inner Wonder Woman! So please bear with me. I realize I'm not perfect, and anyone who knows me also knows this about me. But, I'm not content describing myself in that way, either. I'm not perfect, but, as a believer, I know God's Word talks about perfection (His perfection), and how it is His perfection which brings about the spiritual maturity that I so desire in my life. (See Matthew 5:43-48, 1 Chorinthians 13:9-13, 2 Chorinthians 12:7-10, and James 1:2-8--or click on them to read them right now.) So I cannot be content with my weaknesses and lousy habits, but rather I must do as it says in 2 Chorinthians 10: 3-6:

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.
So, it comes back to obedience. This is a concept that has continued to surface in my life in the past year or so it seems. So when you think of me, you can pray for strength and discipline to obey what the Lord commands me to do. And in particular, in this season of my life, those things consist of basic responsibilities to my husband and family and neighbors and fellow believers; those things that sometimes get easily categorized as boring, burdensome, or endlessly draining--but those simple things that the Lord has entrusted me to do, for His sake and for His glory. My time is up, and my pep talk is over. Now off to find my cape.

(And those catch-up photos are coming--I promise! I also promised Tristan he could "type" and my timer just went off, so it's his turn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment