Powered By Blogger

19 August 2008

Boy oh Boy oh BOY!





In case you couldn't tell from the title of this post, we had a BOY!



I'll spare you all the gory details that make the menfolk cover their ears and say, "La, la, la, LA, LA, la, la..." and whatnot. (I don't particularly wish to share that much anyway--so I'll post a collage of photos here for that part.)







But anyway, in a nutshell: I went to have an ultrasound Friday afternoon. There was some concern about the possibility of issues with the cord, so they admitted me that evening, and the baby was born Saturday evening on his great-Grandfather's birthday. He weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces, measured 22 inches long, and is perfectly healthy and beautiful. We decided against naming him after Great-Grandpa Fred. Instead we named him Brendan Joel.





Now the two of us have returned home, and are trying to adjust to life in general. I think Brendan is doing superbly, and I still could use more prayer. Since Grandma and Grandpa Rowley have been here, our cupboards and fridge have begun to look like we're staying at Grandma's house. I discovered a half-consumed package of Oreos in the cupboard, a bag of Cheetoh's and a box of butter crackers in the snack drawer, and packages of Jell-O and Pudding and Fruit Punch where my water used to be in the fridge. And, as you can well imagine, I haven't really mentioned it all (nor have I probably found it all, either).









While this doesn't thrill me to pieces, I'm not complaining (too much), since these are only temporary treats that will go away when Grandma and Grandpa go home. Plus I'm trying to make myself take it easy as much as possible while they're here. So they get to spoil the whole lot of us for one more week.

The next biggest thing is the upcoming start of school. The first day back to school is also the day the grandparents go home, so I hope my body and my brain have recovered enough to jump in with both feet. It will be a challenge to get my oldest two dressed and fed and walked to school by 8:40am while also dealing with a newborn and a nearly-two-year-old. So if I failed to make subtle mention of it before, PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on the birth of your little son! He is a cutie! I am glad things went well despite the doctor's concerns.
    So he was born on August 16th? That is exactly one month after Saraya's birth. By the way, did I send you the news. I thought I sent it to everyone in my address book but at a glance I didn't see your email. Let me know and I will send pics and info. Love ya! Rebecca Kerr
    prkerr@alltel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Merr! You look great by the way. You too, Enoch :)

    ReplyDelete