Powered By Blogger

30 November 2007

I Should Write A Poem

I could use your help.

It seems that my ability to express my creative ideas is coming in direct conflict with my responsibilities as a wife and mother. What I mean by that is that the amount of time and energy and...TIME that it takes for me to write sometimes takes away from the time I should be spending being a "worker at home" (Titus 2:3-5). (Sigh.)

I'll try to explain what I mean. This time of year (autumn) is my favorite. I love the cooler air and clear skies. I enjoy watching the leaves change colors from day to day. This is the best time of year to go hiking and enjoy the beauty of God's creation all around. And I got to thinking about the fact that every leaf on the tree is like a snowflake: no two are exactly alike. At least I think so. I'm not certain about that little fact. But of this I am sure: the leaf falls from the tree only once. I think about that when I look at a leaf floating down and swirling in the gentle breeze. I was able to witness the one and only time that particular leaf made it's final graceful decent from the tree to the ground. And I can say thank you to God for allowing me to witness that once-in-a-lifetime moment, which I used to take for granted.

I know there's a poem in there somewhere, but I've got laundry and dishes and dinner and--the list goes on--and I don't have the time to dedicate to working it out into a poem. But maybe YOU can! Please feel free to post YOUR poem in the comment section of this post. I'd be honored to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment