Powered By Blogger

16 June 2008

Manic Monday

I couldn't think of a better title than that to sum it all up. I've been challenging myself to participate in the "Making your Home a Haven" refresher challenge over at Crystal's blog, but since I had errands to run today, I didn't get home until 3 this afternoon to even see it to know what fun challenge we would be tackling. (Sigh)

So this is an unusual Monday. Without too much time to go into detail, I have the car today, so decided to make use of it by running errands. I made a short list at breakfast:
  1. do morning chores with the kids (vacuum, clear breakfast dishes, brush teeth).
  2. call Dr.'s offices for vitamin prescriptions for kids and myself.
  3. drop off craft supplies at church.
  4. fill prescriptions at Target.
  5. make copies of budgeting materials from library book before returning it.
  6. return library books and get new ones.
I was hoping to get these things done in time to return home before lunch, but we had some disciplinary issues that came up before we left, then I stayed longer than planned at church, and we browsed the aisles of Target a bit longer than necessary as well. We did get those things all done on the list, but it included buying lunch instead of eating at home, which I was hoping to avoid.

I think I should be a little more encouraged by what I have accomplished, but to be honest, what makes me most discouraged is that on days when we have to take Enoch to work, I'm less likely to get my quiet Bible reading time in the morning. I still faithfully read Proverbs with the kids at breakfast, but what I am jealous of is my time to read what I want to study (which is currently chapters 18-21 in the gospel of John). So that's what I did this afternoon during quiet time--instead of sleep or clean my living room. In fact, I only read part of chapter 18, but the Lord made me aware of something in that chapter that I had never taken notice of before, so I am thankful that I chose to do that rather than push forward with Crystal's challenge.

And really, every day is a challenge to make my home a haven, not just Mondays. And I'm pretty sure I won't be getting the car every day this week, so I'll be able to focus more on my living room in the coming week. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17 June, 2008

    I found you through your comment today on Crystal's blog (regarding homosexuality), and I just wanted to say how much I appreciated what you had to say. What you said is not a very popular view among many circles, but I agree with you wholeheartedly! Keeping homosexual marriage illegal will not deter anyone from living a homosexual lifestyle. None of our legislation will change a person's heart--only the power of the holy spirit can do that. Thank you for your wise words!

    ReplyDelete