Powered By Blogger

04 July 2008

Let Freedom Ring



Those of you who know me know that I don't categorize myself as incredibly patriotic. I am thankful to be blessed to live in this country as a citizen, but I consider my citizenship to be in heaven above far more valuable. I tend to avoid making emotional comparisons of sacrifice for one's country with the Ultimate Sacrifice that Christ made for us on the cross when He paid the penalty for our sins. But I had these cute "patriotic" photos of the kids (thanks to the wardrobe choices of their grandparents), and wanted to at least make the most of the opportunity. So here's the photo, followed by a passage from John 8.





John 8:31-36

Jesus therefore was saying to those Jews who had beleived Him, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

They answered Him, "We are Abraham's offspring, and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say , 'You shall become free'?"

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. And the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed."

May your celebration of the freedoms that you enjoy be centered around the eternally liberating Truth that sets all men free!

No comments:

Post a Comment