Powered By Blogger

09 October 2007

Shameless Plugs

A couple of years ago, I was channel surfing on the radio, and came across an excellent message being preached by a somewhat familiar voice. I later learned that it was Dr. John MacArthur, teaching a series called, "The Bible-Driven Church." I ordered a copy, and my appetite for his kind of teaching had been whetted. Enoch and I began to check out every audio series in our church library by MacArthur, and on top of that, my Mom sent me a whole pile of "tapes of the month" that she had accumulated as well, some of which I have listened to over and over.

I know some Christians disagree with his teaching on some topics, and I recognize that he is a human just as much as I am, flawed and not omniscient. All that to say, I strongly recommend anyone who reads this blog to check out his ministry, Grace To You, and listen to his daily broadcast for free. Right now he's doing a series on how to study the Bible, and it's really motivating and increasing my appetite for diving into the Word, which I think is so critical in a believer's life.

Another website that is linked to GTY is a blog called Pyromaniacs which, when I have the time, I sometimes enjoy reading (Enoch as well). These guys love to debate topics that get some people very fired up, and it sometimes is quite thought provoking and even educational. Although that kind of debating is sometimes a turn-off, I have seen that these men have a heart for people to know the Truth, and that is truly loving, although not everyone sees it that way.

Finally, a useful tool for when you want to quickly reference Scripture online, I have used BibleGateway.com. I'm sure there are others, and perhaps if anyone knows of any that are better, I'd like to know about them!

Here's my hope: "Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word that by it you may grown in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord." (I Peter 2:2-3) Also, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth. But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene." (2 Timothy 2:15-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment