Powered By Blogger

13 August 2009

Miscellaneous Peach Butter

After last year's successful culinary attempts at apple butter and pumpkin butter, I was looking forward to trying my hand at making peach butter. After looking over a few recipes online, I got a feel for what is involved in the process. I came across a recipe involving cardamom, and I thought it sounded interesting. But we didn't have any cardamom. I have, in the past, made a simple spiced fruit with peaches, pears, pineapples, and apricots, simmered in a stick of butter and a teaspoon of curry powder. So I decided curry powder would give it just enough of an unusual flavor to make it intriguing. Mmmmm. I was right. We're eating this batch ourselves, and we'll hopefully can some from our next excursion to the orchard.



Step one: Simmer fruit in lemon juice until soft.



Step two: Puree fruit in blender until smooth.



Step three: add sugar and spices, and simmer on stove until desired consistency.



The final product: Looks like baby food; tastes like happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment