Powered By Blogger

05 November 2008

Add it to the List of Favorites

Today we took a field trip to the Brandywine River Museum with the first grade classes. I wish I had taken my camera to show you how beautiful the grounds were with the yellow leaves falling into the glassy water! (Photos aren't allowed in the museum, and I'm just glad I remembered to bring diapers and snack foods.) I wish we had stayed longer, packed a lunch to eat outside (except it was rainy today), and brought crayons or pencils to sketch and draw what we saw.
It was beautiful. The best part was looking at the paintings done by N.C. Wyeth that were used as the illustrations in Treasure Island and King Arthur, books which I had read to the boys this summer! (If you're curious, follow the link to the museum's website, and check out the online gift shop--you'll get to see small versions of what we saw.) I'm looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment