Powered By Blogger

09 November 2008

Thankfulness, November 9

Day 9:



Did you go to Sunday School and church today? 25 cents for each service missed.

Well, a funny thing, that. This Sunday, we are all in good health. In fact, I was scheduled to cover the nursery during the Sunday School hour. Enoch went to church an hour earlier than the rest of us, because he's in charge of the sound equipment. We were running behind schedule, but we were able to get ourselves into the car, ready to go. But the alternator had other plans. So we had Children's Church at home this morning, while the van stayed in the driveway. I'm thankful that the Lord gave me a positive attitude to convince my kids that we can "have church" at home when necessary, and they were willing to go along with it as well. I'm thankful that the car died in the driveway, and didn't strand me somewhere else. And I'm thankful for all those children's church songs that lift our spirits and ingrain the Word of God in our sponge-like brains. I'll gladly pay the bank today.

To learn more about Thankfulness in November, read the introduction here. I would love to hear from you if you are participating! Please leave a comment below, and even your website if you are going to post about it on your blog. Thanks for your participation! I'm looking forward to seeing what a big blessing we can bring with us on December 7th (the first Sunday in December).

No comments:

Post a Comment